Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sentimental Sunday: Odin Frederick Pape, 2002-2017

Yesterday my brother Brian and his wife Paige lost their 15-year-old golden retriever, Odin Frederick, described by Brian as "'the best dog we ever owned' and whoever owned us."  He was a great companion in all their adventures and pretty lively (albeit slower) when I last saw him a few months ago.  Here are some pictures of him from the past:


Above:  Odin in May 2002, shortly after Brian and Paige got him.
Below:  Paige and Odin, May 2002.



My brother Brian captioned these two photos from June 11, 2002, as follows:
Above:  "Odin - I need a file and hacksaw."
Below:  "Odin - Which to chew first."



Above:  My son Eric with Odin on our visit to Texas in August, 2002.
Below:  Odin in early 2009




Above:  Brian with Odin on June 24, 2011.  Our family had all gone together to see "Late Nite Catechism" in Austin that evening - good times.
Below:  Brian with Odin at my parents' home in Austin on March 13, 2016.



Above:  My brother Mark with Odin on the right, and Odin's housemate Thorin on the left, at Thanksgiving at Brian and Paige's home in Austin, 2016.


© Amanda Pape - 2017 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment